Conan O’Brien’s Can’t Stop will screen on Thursday, July 7th at 7pm – South Edmonton Common and Scotiabank Theatre West Edmonton Mall
He’s the guy that introduced Damian Marley and Nas at Bonnaroo. Conan’s documentary is finally seeing the light of day in Canada….for one night only in two theatres.
Conan’s Philosophy – “Act as if you were meant to do what you have to do instead of overthinking things”
Can’t Stop is the genesis of Conan’s social networking and tour. It makes you want to be his assistant – Sona Movsesian – or at least date her. It made me want to go back to the River Cree Resort and Casino (which makes an appearance), and San Jose State University. There are a ton of f-bombs from Conan. This shows the real side of Coco…some might think he’s a jerkjerk. He’s a tortured soul in clown makeup.
“When Mozart plays the 88s, you don’t sit on his lap and play chopsticks” – Conan O’Brien
While at the River Cree
- Conan makes reference to the Jay Leno poster in the lobby
- Conan makes reference to the trailer that the River Cree provided
While on tour
- he gets prayed for (the most touching moment of the doc)
- he’s seen wearing Roots gear
- his luggage has a Canadian flag on it
- cameos from Eddie Vedder, Jack McBrayer, Jon Hamm, Jim Carrey, Stephen Colbert, Jon Stewart, Jack White, and Tenacious D
- an impromptu jam session of Seven Nation Army while backstage at his 25th annual college reunion
- hosting Bonnaroo Festival in 34 degree Celsius weather
Conan wants you to believe that
- he signed up for too much
- you should feel sorry for him, but it’s impossible since his fans carried him after the loss of The Tonight Show (not to mention the $45 million he got from NBC).
The Rickster (wondering if Conan can host SONiC Boom).